#1 Tayy

Tayy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 12:31 AM

Hi.

This may seem really stupid, but when I go to sleep at night I don't dream, I get really bad nightmares.

I have a few re-occurring nightmares:

• Being stabbed to death 
  • falling in slow motion off of tall buildings and dying
  • killing my own family and boyfriend
  • Commuting Suicide by gun

It really freaks me out to the point where I don't talk to my family that much because I think everything is going to come true.

Help? Please? 

#2 Nathe

Nathe

† Little Monster †

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 12:36 AM

I remember when I had a very bad dream. My dad was a killer and I ended up dying. Guess there really isn't a way to get rid of bad dreams. Best way to fix the situation is just sleep and don't think about the dream too much or just stay up all night.

#3 Tayy

Tayy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 12:37 AM

I don't though but they just seem to reoccur, It hasn't stopped for almost 6 months

#4 emzy

emzy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 01:06 AM

I use to have bad nightmares all the time ,then one day I was half asleep and still having the nightmare .I changed the ending so I would live and ive never had the nightmare since ,you have power over it believe it or not

#5 Alyssaromee

Alyssaromee

I am The Doctor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,212 posts
  • LocationMotherf*cking Gallifrey

Posted 26 July 2013 - 02:29 AM

Hey! Seems kinda scary.. But all your dreams are about death.. Now i've dreamed about death and I searched for it. And death means your making positive changes (meaning your negative things die..) Plus, dreams make your fears alot bigger. Are you very afraid of dying? And losing your family? Try not to think about death (or other things that scare you) when i'm scared before sleeping,I know i'm going to get a nightmare, so I start singing a random song :) Tho there isn't really a way to get rid of nightmares.. Just try not to think about death or things that scare you before you're going to sleep.
Good luck! <3

#6 Emily

Emily

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 03:15 AM

Hi :3 I'm sorry you feel like this :( I would recommend talking to your doctor or a therapist, because I have OCD and I have these kinds of thoughts too and it's really helpful for me to talk about them. This doesn't make you crazy or abnormal either! You just need a bit of guidance c:

#7 Tayy

Tayy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 12:30 AM

Had another last night. Woke up shaky and sick :(

#8 cassielynn

cassielynn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 27 July 2013 - 01:45 AM

Maybe go and talk to your school counselor; they might have some tips for helping to reduce nightmares, as may a Google search. It's crazy the sort of information you can find online.

My solution to anything related to mental uneasiness is usually meditation. It helps to calm down your mind, and there must be something on your mind bothering you if you're having recurring nightmares like this. I put on instrumental music and sit down and just clear my mind for a bit. You can Google suggestions on methods of meditation or message me if you need help.

#9 bellaCxoxo

bellaCxoxo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 01:52 AM

think happy thoughts when you go to sleep  :D  :ph34r:

#10 Alyssaromee

Alyssaromee

I am The Doctor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,212 posts
  • LocationMotherf*cking Gallifrey

Posted 27 July 2013 - 07:43 AM

think happy thoughts when you go to sleep :D :ph34r:

And with a little bit of fairy dust..
YOU CAN FLY YOU AN FLY YOU CAN FLYYY xd

#11 dragonwarrior22509

dragonwarrior22509

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 12:15 PM

Well, theres this thing called lucid dreaming. Its when you are aware that you are dreaming, so if you have a nightmare, you can kinda 'wake up' in your dream. Here's a link: http://wikihow.com/Lucid-Dream

#12 sonjerr

sonjerr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Locationcaliiiii bitchessss

Posted 27 July 2013 - 06:20 PM

don't watch to much tv or go on your phone before bed. read a book instead and have a cup of tea.

#13 rz17

rz17

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 06:43 PM

Perhaps find out what your dreams mean by going to a dream dictionary website. I know that falling means that you don't have control over your life. Other than that try doing peaceful things before bed like meditating or yoga.

#14 Tayy

Tayy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 01:38 AM

Thanks for the advice guys,

I kind of managed to break through a nightmare last night but i'm not sure how I did it :/

#15 BLEEDINGROSE

BLEEDINGROSE

A professional fangirl

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationStorybrooke

Posted 28 July 2013 - 03:18 AM

you know I've had some really scaring dreams lately too! usually it means you are stressed or feel rushed. Or some times you get bad dreams because of just relesing some old stress eventually they will go away and if not make sure you don't eat sugar b4 bed I did that many of times and I always had nightmares. so I hope you have no more nightmares and you sleep well.:)

#16 lsddreamemu

lsddreamemu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 09:05 PM

Teach yourself to lucid dream. Here is a good site for that: http://www.dreamviews.com

#17 Aliyah

Aliyah

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, New York

Posted 28 July 2013 - 09:15 PM

Hi.

This may seem really stupid, but when I go to sleep at night I don't dream, I get really bad nightmares.

I have a few re-occurring nightmares:

• Being stabbed to death 
  • falling in slow motion off of tall buildings and dying
  • killing my own family and boyfriend
  • Commuting Suicide by gun

It really freaks me out to the point where I don't talk to my family that much because I think everything is going to come true.

Help? Please? 

I have really bad nightmares a lot as well. What i've been told was to not watch anything scary or a show filled with drama. Usually when you watch something funny or possibly listen to music, it decreases your chances of having a nightmare. 

Hope this helps!

#18 dawsonismydrug

dawsonismydrug

Ilse

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 29 July 2013 - 04:57 AM

I've had bad dreams too:( and it sucks. I always try not to think about death or anything related. Just before you go to bed relax yourself , read a book , browse through the Internet :) it helps, think about good stuff like what you did that day and the future! Try not to have stress when your sleeping its not very good!

#19 Ashlee

Ashlee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationLost in time square

Posted 24 August 2013 - 07:35 PM

I know this is really stupid but to prevent me from getting nightmares try to sleep with something like a doll or a teddy bear and if that doesn't help put like a glow stick or something that glows next to you I do it and it has stopped my nightmares maybe this would help you

#20 KidCheno

KidCheno

banged your mom

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,448 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 08:24 PM

Suicide 
To dream that you commit suicide represents your desperate desire to escape from your waking life. You may be harboring feelings of guilt that you cannot get over and thus turning the aggression on yourself. You need to start approaching problems from a different angle. Alternatively, the dream suggests that you are saying good-bye to one aspect of yourself and hello to a whole new you. It is symbolic of a personal transformation or a new stage in your life.

Killing 
To dream that you kill someone indicates that you are on the verge of losing your temper and self-control. Consider the person you have killed and ask yourself if you feel any rage towards him or her in your waking life. Your dream may be expressing some hidden anger. Alternatively, you may be trying to kill an aspect of yourself that is represented by the person killed. Identify the characteristics of this person and ask yourself which of these qualities you are trying to put an end to.

Stab 
To dream that you have been stabbed signifies your struggle with power. You are experiencing feelings of inadequacy and defensiveness. Alternatively, the dream suggests that you are feeling betrayed as reflected by the popular phrase, "being stabbed in the back".

I got all of these off the Dream Dictionary, which is usually pretty accurate when I use it for myself.  Basically it seems like you just need to find a way to just de-stress before going to bed, because stress affects the way you fall asleep and what your mind thinks for you. Usually I drink a cup of tea (decaf) before going to bed and it usually helps me relax and have better dreams.