• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 sward

sward

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 04:09 PM

Ok let's just admit it, and for god sake stop pretending that the podcast is as good as it used to be, i'm not going to start a new "we miss Lauren" thread, i just want us to talk about why the podcast's quality has fallen dramatically and what can shane do to fix it.

1- the first 20 minutes:

it used to be the highlight of the podcast where we hear a raw conversation between shane and his co-host, the conversation was not forced and was absolutely hilarious. now it feels like they just want to get it over with it and get to the interview or just make it to the end of the podcast, it's not a good start to the podcast, i think shane and Jesse should find their own "daily ughs" where they talk about things and make it funny instead of whining about haters or whatever they want to talk about to fill the 20 minutes.

2- jesse

I'm going to be honest, she's not as good as lauren, no one is, but i'm not here to talk about how much i miss Lauren or talk s**t about Jesse, because Jesse is actually is kinda good although i have some things i want to say.

she need to find her voice in the podcast, find her own personality, Lauren had her "daily ughs", her famous moans, cluelessness about current pop culture that made her more likable, Jesse should at least sound like she's into the podcast, why the hell is she not likable even after being a co-host for months, the fans used to make fan sites for lauren, and that turned into a running joke in the podcast, i can't imagine anyone doing anything for Jesse, She DOESN't have that thing that makes you feel relating to her, AND SHE NEEDS TO STOP SAYING "LIVE YOUR LIFE" ALL THE F*CKING, It's annoying.

3-pacing

The conversations are forced, non consistent, lacks the format that it once had.

Shane needs to focus on making it more about the guess and less about what he and guess commonly hate, cause that's literally what he has been doing since Lauren left.

WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK?

WHAT CAN BE DONE TO HELP THE PODCAST BECOME THE GREATNESS IT ONCE WAS?

#2 SarkyDevotchka86

SarkyDevotchka86

Grandma of the fourm

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,391 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 04:17 PM

Ok let's just admit it, and for god sake stop pretending that the podcast is as good as it used to be, i'm not going to start a new "we miss Lauren" thread, i just want us to talk about why the podcast's quality has fallen dramatically and what can shane do to fix it.

1- the first 20 minutes:

it used to be the highlight of the podcast where we hear a raw conversation between shane and his co-host, the conversation was not forced and was absolutely hilarious. now it feels like they just want to get it over with it and get to the interview or just make it to the end of the podcast, it's not a good start to the podcast, i think shane and Jesse should find their own "daily ughs" where they talk about things and make it funny instead of whining about haters or whatever they want to talk about to fill the 20 minutes.

2- jesse

I'm going to be honest, she's not as good as lauren, no one is, but i'm not here to talk about how much i miss Lauren or talk s**t about Jesse, because Jesse is actually is kinda good although i have some things i want to say.

she need to find her voice in the podcast, find her own personality, Lauren had her "daily ughs", her famous moans, cluelessness about current pop culture that made her more likable, Jesse should at least sound like she's into the podcast, why the hell is she not likable even after being a co-host for months, the fans used to make fan sites for lauren, and that turned into a running joke in the podcast, i can't imagine anyone doing anything for Jesse, She DOESN't have that thing that makes you feel relating to her, AND SHE NEEDS TO STOP SAYING "LIVE YOUR LIFE" ALL THE F*CKING, It's annoying.

3-pacing

The conversations are forced, non consistent, lacks the format that it once had.

Shane needs to focus on making it more about the guess and less about what he and guess commonly hate, cause that's literally what he has been doing since Lauren left.

WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK?

Not going to lie.. As much as i miss lauren i think Jesse does alot better co-hosting. She has more of a personality and she is closer in age to shane so they connect more. She does have alot in common with shane which helps. She brings more energy and life in my humble opinion. I always felt like lauren never truely wanted to be there, but because shane wanted to podcast she was dragged in. Not saying lauren was bad host just think it wasn't for her.

I don't think the podcast needs help i think shane and jesse do a good job together they work well with eachother. The only thing i would like to see is him calling his mom again and reading comments cuz he rarely does that.

#3 Grey

Grey

Wolf With Wi-Fi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,684 posts
  • LocationAstral realm

Posted 24 March 2015 - 07:21 PM

I feel like Shane is doing it like he's doing a lot of his production. Not a ton of effort, he's just recording himself, editing a bit and BOOM. At first he put effort, bringing back his characters and doing segments as he should. But now, although the guests are better, he himself is putting less effort. And I feel he's pretty rude and mean to some of his guests, too many for my comfort.

It was new and he liked it, but now it's becoming more of a side project thing and less of him actually having fun.

#4 SarkyDevotchka86

SarkyDevotchka86

Grandma of the fourm

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,391 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 03:19 AM

I feel like Shane is doing it like he's doing a lot of his production. Not a ton of effort, he's just recording himself, editing a bit and BOOM. At first he put effort, bringing back his characters and doing segments as he should. But now, although the guests are better, he himself is putting less effort. And I feel he's pretty rude and mean to some of his guests, too many for my comfort.

It was new and he liked it, but now it's becoming more of a side project thing and less of him actually having fun.

The only guest he was rude to in my opinion was ricky.

and not much effort really goes into making a podcast it basically an hr of talking about whats on his mind and jesses mind. Then a guest comes on and they talk to them then the podcast is over. No editing is involved he doesn't have to make scripts or buy props. I think the podcast is still just as good as it was, the only thing he no longer does really is calls his mom and reads comments, other then that not much has changed.

#5 Grey

Grey

Wolf With Wi-Fi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,684 posts
  • LocationAstral realm

Posted 25 March 2015 - 05:57 AM

The only guest he was rude to in my opinion was ricky.

and not much effort really goes into making a podcast it basically an hr of talking about whats on his mind and jesses mind. Then a guest comes on and they talk to them then the podcast is over. No editing is involved he doesn't have to make scripts or buy props. I think the podcast is still just as good as it was, the only thing he no longer does really is calls his mom and reads comments, other then that not much has changed.

Exactly. The podcast is flatlining. He just talks about how he feels or whatever, chats up a guest and then is done. There's little to no extra flavor, extra fun. I haven't found myself laughing at as many of his jokes as almost all of them are jokes I've heard repeatedly in his vlogs. He just needs a little more flavor if he wants to keep the podcasts good, that's all, and a guest isn't enough flavor to satisfy.

#6 SarkyDevotchka86

SarkyDevotchka86

Grandma of the fourm

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,391 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 06:26 AM

Exactly. The podcast is flatlining. He just talks about how he feels or whatever, chats up a guest and then is done. There's little to no extra flavor, extra fun. I haven't found myself laughing at as many of his jokes as almost all of them are jokes I've heard repeatedly in his vlogs. He just needs a little more flavor if he wants to keep the podcasts good, that's all, and a guest isn't enough flavor to satisfy.

I don't think it is any different then when lauren was on. Idk i still enjoy them. Perhaps he could add some more flavor though their is always room for more lol.

#7 ForgottenMemories14

ForgottenMemories14

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,118 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 03:31 PM

1- the first 20 minutes:

2- jesse

3-pacing

WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK?

To say that the podcast's quality has "fallen dramatically" is a bit inflated. Sure, I'll respect that you have an opinion, but I don't think the entirety of the podcast has fallen to sh*t more or less because Lauren is no longer co-hosting.

1. While I do agree that the daily "ughs" were a favorite of mine, I also feel like you need to give some credit to Jessie and Shane that they're gonna try new things as a result of having a new cohost. Especially since I feel just taking up the "ughs" would be more like smothering itself over Lauren's lasting impression... Perhaps what the first 20 minutes needs is something new, but maybe not the "ughs".

2. It does sound like you miss Lauren. We have to give some leeway to Jessie that she won't be on the same comical branch as our Jewish moaner once was. And in a different sense I feel like Jessie is doing a fine job on her own, given this is around one of her first experiences with a podcast, and she is very encouraging and tries to break out the stems of awkwardness here and there. Perhaps with more experience she'll be able to cultivate her own terms and iconic symbols for herself. Also there's a simple solution if you honestly don't want to listen to Jessie at this point. Just replay old podcasts, tweet Lauren to make a guest appearance, and never have to listen to Jessie say her catchphrase again.

3. Well how would you propose that Shane make it more about the "guess?" I personally think it's great that he makes the effort to write out something brief to talk about. And not in a passive aggressive way, I'm curious to know how you would go about changing the 'forced' content of the podcast. 

Glad to hear from someone who does seem to care about the podcast in their own way, and cares about Lauren. :3

Edited by ForgottenMemories14, 25 March 2015 - 03:32 PM.

#8 Grey

Grey

Wolf With Wi-Fi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,684 posts
  • LocationAstral realm

Posted 25 March 2015 - 09:27 PM

I don't think it is any different then when lauren was on. Idk i still enjoy them. Perhaps he could add some more flavor though their is always room for more lol.

It's the flavor he's missing. He began losing it a while before Lauren left. She just made it more noticeable in her absence.

#9 EnchantedNuns

EnchantedNuns

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts
  • LocationAntwerp

Posted 28 March 2015 - 01:51 AM

Talking about how he feels and chatting up a guest has always been the format of Shane's podcast. I for one have been laughing hysterically during the new podcasts, especially because of Jesse's interventions. She can actually join the conversation with the guests, whereas Lauren asked serious/prepared questions. In my opinion, Jesse seems genuinely interested in the guest and tries to make sure the podcast is fun for everyone

#10 Tom

Tom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 02:43 AM

I absolutely agree with you. I just hope that Shane doesn't abandon his podcasts like how he abandoned his Tumblr and now this fansite.

#11 JustAShaneFanGirl

JustAShaneFanGirl

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 05:26 PM

I'm breaking down my response by you're Numbered facts:

1- the first 20 minutes:

You couldnt be MORE WRONG!! Shane and Jess have these VERY SAME conversations!!

2- jesse

Jess is AMAZING!! sure shes NO LAUREN...but she is HILARIOUS and brings alot of SASS to the podcast! you need to STOP comparing her to Lauren! they are 2 different people...

3-pacing

I dont think he needs to change anything... they're convos are ANYTHING BUT FORCED! I think you are just upset because lauren left. every single point you've made has been about Lauren being gone.

In closing I think you're still upset about Lauren leaving. You need to accept that Lauren is NOT coming back to the podcast and just love and support the show for what it is. an hour or so when shane and Jess can talk and be goofy and fun with a guest. Stop trying to put Jess into a "shes not lauren" catagory. Jess is her own person. Just show the podcast love and support regardless or if you really dislike it that much, dont listen to it anymore. that is you're choice.

#12 CodeBlue822

CodeBlue822

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 03:01 AM

I don't think the podcast is dying, or that there's any problem with Jessie. Shane and Lauren knew each other much better before starting the podcast. Shane and Jessie are relatively new friends and it might take a little longer for them to seem more connected. Regardless, I love listening to podcasts with either of them.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: podcastquality, bad, shane