14 replies to this topic

#1 SarkyDevotchka86

SarkyDevotchka86

Grandma of the fourm

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,391 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 11:33 AM

Shane said he had a week of being an alcoholic. This is a big thing for shane considering he was so against for so long. What are your thoughts on shane drinking?

I feel like he is an adult and as long as he doesn't go all crazy with it then who cares. However we all know shane has addictive behavior so thats where i kind of worry. He is not the type to try something like it and then never do it again. You all remember how crazy he was with splenda (sp?).

#2 Alyssaromee

Alyssaromee

The Doctor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,264 posts
  • Location221b bakerstreet

Posted 08 January 2015 - 12:56 PM

Hmm I agree with you

#3 Grey

Grey

Wolf With Wi-Fi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,684 posts
  • LocationAstral realm

Posted 08 January 2015 - 01:35 PM

So long as he ain't stupid about it and manages to moderate himself, he should be fine. But adulthood doesn't seem to have brought him most of the moderation necessary, as he is still willing to gorge on almost anything, so there is due room for worry.

#4 ForgottenMemories14

ForgottenMemories14

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,118 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 01:48 PM

When addiction runs in the family...Beware. His father as well as both of his brothers were addicts to either drinking or drugs. 

Some people can't help it. But when we only get to see the small pieces of Shane's life that he chooses to show us, it often seems bigger than it is.

#5 SarkyDevotchka86

SarkyDevotchka86

Grandma of the fourm

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,391 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 01:50 PM

I feel shane doesn't know how to do things once and awhile. He does something and thinks he has to do it all the time, It becomes normal for him. I could be wrong maybe it was just the one time

#6 SarkyDevotchka86

SarkyDevotchka86

Grandma of the fourm

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,391 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 01:57 PM

I agree with E.J 

The #1 reason he never drank or did drugs before was because of his family history. So idk what he was thinking he is in a family that doesn't know what moderations.

Like i said i hope maybe it was just a moment and that was it.

#7 ImNotAnnoying

ImNotAnnoying

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 05:12 AM

Considering that he had family members who were alcoholics I can understand that it was difficult to enjoy alcohol. I don't think it's an issue unless he is drunk tweeting/YouNowing/vlogging it'd be funny a few times but it wold get boring, weird and look really dumb. People who want to drink alcohol should enjoy it in moderation

#8 bshadden90

bshadden90

Brooke Shadden

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationMoline, Illinois

Posted 15 January 2015 - 02:08 PM

I think Shane is exaggerating when he says he was drinking for like a week straight. RumChata will make you sick if you drink too much of it anyway. The thing that worries me is that he said tge alcohol didn't do anything to him. Jboo said he was acting buzzed, and denial is an addicts best friend. If you don't really have a problem, then there's nothing to worry about....

#9 Meh1316

Meh1316

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 07:53 PM

I'm worried about him, honestly. I'm sure all of us here think of him as a close friend or even a family member. I'm just wondering why he even started. He hasn't told us in any of his videos which makes me worry even more :/

#10 Hollathina

Hollathina

ShaneOnTheBrain! <3

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,417 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 26 June 2015 - 11:36 PM

shanes not an alcoholic. if he wants to have a few drinks then he is allowed to. people need to calm down. (not you guys, just people on the poppin cookin video)

#11 SarkyDevotchka86

SarkyDevotchka86

Grandma of the fourm

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,391 posts

Posted 27 June 2015 - 03:56 AM

Haha Well i truly don't care if shane chooses to drink or not. He is an adult and legally allowed to do if he wants. However as i said originally that shane has an addictive personality and he can't do stuff in moderations.

#12 Doonjo

Doonjo

Farrah is my Queen

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 316 posts
  • LocationWonderland

Posted 27 June 2015 - 08:23 AM

he's 28 years old who cares. 

#13 MidnightMoon63

MidnightMoon63

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 11:07 PM

I don't care if Shane drinks or not. I just hope he stops when he needs to stop. you know?

#14 GabrielElLulu1

GabrielElLulu1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 02:07 PM

I feel like with him its all or nothing just like me.

#15 SarkyDevotchka86

SarkyDevotchka86

Grandma of the fourm

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,391 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 02:46 PM

He says that alcohol does nothing too him, I feel like he is one of those ppl who would keep pushing it.

Yes he is 28 doonjo but like he has said he has an addictive personality so he can't just do something and be like okay im done. Maybe i am wrong and this isn't the case, Not like i know his every move.