Broadway93

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 16 October 2013 - 06:43 PM

This is going to be long but here it goes:

My grandpa died in march and left us, my family and my dad's family thousands of dollars. we are not greedy people but the money would help with student loans, repair and health care. unfortunately, my grandpa backstabbed us and instead of making my dad sole executer, like he promised, he added my aunt. this wouldnt be bad if she wasnt such a horrible person. people think she's nice but our legal team has even said that she is a horrible women who harasses them. today was the worst day it terms of the will settlement because our lawyer dropped our case because they can't deal with my aunt's harrassment. now the only thign we can do to finally get this settled is for both to agree on a lawyer, which she wont because for an unknown reason she hates our family and wants everything to be difficult for us.

i really need advice guys, legal advice would be helpful but im looking for anything,my dad is broken beyond compare and i need some way to fix this problem so we can fairly recieve our cut and hers and never have to deal with the bitch again.

did i mention that my first memoy of her is yelling at me when i was 5 because i was bothering and the fact that she stole $42,000 from a secret account?

#2 KidCheno

KidCheno

banged your mom

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 07:06 PM

I mean, if it's written in The Will and signed by your grandfather their is nothing you can do.  I'm sorry, but unless your lawyers can find some sort of loophole it's a done deal.  It sucks but it's how it goes.

#3 Feuchtigkeitscreme

Feuchtigkeitscreme

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,741 posts
  • LocationTwatt, Orkney Islands

Posted 16 October 2013 - 08:02 PM

My grandpa died in march and left us, my family and my dad's family thousands of dollars. we are not greedy people but the money would help with student loans, repair and health care. unfortunately, my grandpa backstabbed us and instead of making my dad sole executer, like he promised, he added my aunt. this wouldnt be bad if she wasnt such a horrible person. people think she's nice but our legal team has even said that she is a horrible women who harasses them. today was the worst day it terms of the will settlement because our lawyer dropped our case because they can't deal with my aunt's harrassment. now the only thign we can do to finally get this settled is for both to agree on a lawyer, which she wont because for an unknown reason she hates our family and wants everything to be difficult for us.

i really need advice guys, legal advice would be helpful but im looking for anything,my dad is broken beyond compare and i need some way to fix this problem so we can fairly recieve our cut and hers and never have to deal with the bitch again.

did i mention that my first memoy of her is yelling at me when i was 5 because i was bothering and the fact that she stole $42,000 from a secret account?

If you think a single person on this forum could give you anything remotely close to legal advice, you should be locked up and put in a mental asylum and possibly executed for being a danger to humanity lol. This forum is literally a bunch of 9-year-olds who cry about losing pencils at school and result to cutting because it's "the logical solution."

Yeah, your aunt sounds like a complete douche. If she has more money than your family by a lot, she'll be able to hire a lawyer and get whatever money your grandfather left to your aunt and your dad. Some lawyers are ridiculous and will ask for something crazy like $70,000 to do a case, so if your aunt is rich, she might just be a massive b-word and try to win the case just to win it, regardless of the costs.

Are you sure your lawyer dropped the case because of your aunt's harassment? If you're paying your lawyer, they wouldn't be inclined at all to do that. They'd probably continue the case just to get whatever money you could offer them. There's probably another reason your parents aren't telling you, but that's just me speculating and it could be exactly as you tell it. If you're 19 years old, then I don't see any reason to tell you it is your parent's business and you shouldn't have to worry about it. If you're a teen or preteen, then you don't need to worry about it.

Good luck, I'll pray for your family. If your family has any sort of relationship with your aunt, try to sit down and talk it out. Maybe instead of one person taking all the money, do exactly what the will says and split it accordingly.

Oh, here's some legal advice I can actually give you (I have lawyer family members)... If your grandfather wrote it in a will, the judge will likely do exactly what the will says. If it says you have to split $100,000 50/50, then that's what will happen. If it says your aunt gets $90,000 and you get $10,000, that's what will happen. You have literally no case by just saying, "Well he promised us that we'd get all the money, what he wrote in his will is invalid"... That's the harsh reality.

Unless of course, your aunt is suing you for it all, in which SHE would have no case, but rather she should be a case for a psychologist.

#4 Broadway93

Broadway93

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 17 October 2013 - 03:46 PM

If you think a single person on this forum could give you anything remotely close to legal advice, you should be locked up and put in a mental asylum and possibly executed for being a danger to humanity lol. This forum is literally a bunch of 9-year-olds who cry about losing pencils at school and result to cutting because it's "the logical solution."

Yeah, your aunt sounds like a complete douche. If she has more money than your family by a lot, she'll be able to hire a lawyer and get whatever money your grandfather left to your aunt and your dad. Some lawyers are ridiculous and will ask for something crazy like $70,000 to do a case, so if your aunt is rich, she might just be a massive b-word and try to win the case just to win it, regardless of the costs.

Are you sure your lawyer dropped the case because of your aunt's harassment? If you're paying your lawyer, they wouldn't be inclined at all to do that. They'd probably continue the case just to get whatever money you could offer them. There's probably another reason your parents aren't telling you, but that's just me speculating and it could be exactly as you tell it. If you're 19 years old, then I don't see any reason to tell you it is your parent's business and you shouldn't have to worry about it. If you're a teen or preteen, then you don't need to worry about it.

Good luck, I'll pray for your family. If your family has any sort of relationship with your aunt, try to sit down and talk it out. Maybe instead of one person taking all the money, do exactly what the will says and split it accordingly.

Oh, here's some legal advice I can actually give you (I have lawyer family members)... If your grandfather wrote it in a will, the judge will likely do exactly what the will says. If it says you have to split $100,000 50/50, then that's what will happen. If it says your aunt gets $90,000 and you get $10,000, that's what will happen. You have literally no case by just saying, "Well he promised us that we'd get all the money, what he wrote in his will is invalid"... That's the harsh reality.

Unless of course, your aunt is suing you for it all, in which SHE would have no case, but rather she should be a case for a psychologist.

I appreciate your support and prayers.firstly the problem is that it is true that he dropped us because of my aunt, i dont know all of the details but every chance she got, she would call and abuse his employees. knowing this, he said in the past that he would always represent us but now he said he cant handle it anymore, whihc makes sense because i cant either. i wasnt entirely expecting legal advice because i know this website has a bunch of kids on it, but i was desparate and i really appreciate your input, and yes i am 19 years old and 20 in less than 2 months

#5 Broadway93

Broadway93

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 17 October 2013 - 03:47 PM

I mean, if it's written in The Will and signed by your grandfather their is nothing you can do.  I'm sorry, but unless your lawyers can find some sort of loophole it's a done deal.  It sucks but it's how it goes.

i understand what you're saying and i appreciate your input, i was just wondering if there was something we could do

#6 Feuchtigkeitscreme

Feuchtigkeitscreme

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,741 posts
  • LocationTwatt, Orkney Islands

Posted 17 October 2013 - 04:36 PM

i understand what you're saying and i appreciate your input, i was just wondering if there was something we could do

Aren't you kinda being hypocritical? I understand you need the money and your aunt may be a greedy douche, but honestly your grandfather left the money to your family and your aunt... He wanted it to be divided between his children, which is the right thing to do unless the other child got into drugs, ceased all contact and started living on the streets. 

If you're trying to get all of the money for yourself and in the will it says it is to be split between your family and your aunt, that's wrong. If your aunt is just trying to get her fair share of what was left to her, she's in the right, even if you don't like her. If your aunt is trying to take it all, she's in the wrong and she's stupid and should be executed to preserve the intelligence of humanity.

Can you tell us the situation, if you're comfortable with it? Is she trying to get ALL the money, or just what was left to her?

#7 Broadway93

Broadway93

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 18 October 2013 - 07:37 PM

Aren't you kinda being hypocritical? I understand you need the money and your aunt may be a greedy douche, but honestly your grandfather left the money to your family and your aunt... He wanted it to be divided between his children, which is the right thing to do unless the other child got into drugs, ceased all contact and started living on the streets. 

If you're trying to get all of the money for yourself and in the will it says it is to be split between your family and your aunt, that's wrong. If your aunt is just trying to get her fair share of what was left to her, she's in the right, even if you don't like her. If your aunt is trying to take it all, she's in the wrong and she's stupid and should be executed to preserve the intelligence of humanity.

Can you tell us the situation, if you're comfortable with it? Is she trying to get ALL the money, or just what was left to her?

ill explain: my aunt is a very greedy person, she kept telling my grandpa when his mind was deteritating that our family would take all of her money and leave her dry (which is completely un true!) so she became co-executor. in the process, she stole $42,000 already from a shared account with my grandpa and her, i know her name is in it but when he died, all money must go to the estate and be accounted for (my grandpa even told us about the money and said to make sure we as in all of the family get it, but since its not written down there is nothing we can do). now she wants more money, but since we havent gotten an money yet she wants to make it as difficult as possible, such as refusing to meet with us and discuss things which is drawing out the process longer. the thing is we don't NEED the money, we can survive fine without it, it would just really help us out if we did have it. i dont believe im being hypocritical because i understand that she and the rest of the family members need equal amounts of money, and even though we hate her, my dad even told her that if he was still sole executor, she and the others would get exactly half and then we wouldnt have to see each other then. now the problem is we could be sued by my uncle because he is supposed to get a portion of the money (not equal due to reasons that my grandpa wrote down) and since we havent settles anything because my aunt wont cooperate, we could be in trouble. i know this sounds hard to understand and you may even be thinking that we obivously did something to piss off my family, but we havent, i dont know why they hate us, but there is nothing we can do about it even though we've tried to cooperate